Adventure of Life

Adventure of Life

Saturday, April 2, 2016

Laguna (Philippines)

1. IRRI (International Rice Research Institute)
Dilemma of being a newcomer
There's something happened here that I will not forget, "had my first interrogation for doing a photography", originally, my plan is to go to UPLB for photo shoot (as well as to go on food tripping), since I am not familiar with the place, as my mindset, when there's an oblation at the main gate, assumed that it’s a UP campus, so having an oblation at the main gate of IRRI,thought that was UPLB, so I talked to the guard and asked a permission to go inside and he allowed me,went back and forth inside IRRI to search for beautiful spot for my photography, with a smile in my face, I started to clicked my camera as many as I can; valleys, trees and farms and after 1 hour, guard inside approached and interrogated me for what I’m doing and said to give him the camera because photography inside is not allowed, so verbal argument between me and him happened,only to find out that the area I was is not UPLB, he wanted to put me on administration office for detention for further investigation, so I said sorry and told him that I will erase all the photos inside my camera and will leave immediately, luckily he agreed, but cleverly, I did not erase all the pictures,below are the pictures left inside my camera.
IRRI: The International Rice Research Institute (IRRI) is an international independent research and training organization with headquarters in Los Banos Laguna in thePhilippines and offices in sixteen countries. It was established in 1960 to develop new rice varieties and rice crop management techniques. It is also the largest non-profit agricultural research center in Asia.(wikipedia)
2.Field of Faith

Spiritual Journey
Worth keeping for – a phrase that best describe my stayed in Field of Faith, boundless and extra ordinary experience because of its beautiful view and most especially the feeling of personally talking to our Almighty God.For my 3 hours stayed, only three snap I made because of the momentum of connecting yourself to God and nature. My enthusiast to spend my entire time for photo shooting the area changed and ended up talking to HIM and self reflection. Excitement change to soul searching,truly a field of Faith.
Field of Faith is at the foot of a mountain in Calauan, Laguna, Owned and maintained by the family of former Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas Governor Gabriel Singson and his wife, writer Moonyeen (nee Retizos).
3. Sampaloc Lake

Other side of Laguna
One thing to say, don’t expect too much ,definitely you’ll get disappointed, not that flowery description from other blogs, Sampaloc Lake seems neglected, too may garbage, stray dogs and plastic bottles along the road, the water is not that clear with stinking odor and many squatters can be found on the shore line. For my 2 hours goofing around the area, no spot was suited for landscape photography, unless your subject is dirty landscape photography. Only one thing that Samplaloc Lake is good about is it 4.7 kms track field ideal for long runs ,so as a person whose primary goal is to enjoy and have fun, running leaves you no choice.
Thinking not to include any photo of Sampaloc Lake hoping and praying that one day, pictures will be changed to a pleasure one . But for the sake of photo blogging, i think one photo will do (no description needed and let the picture tells the story by itself.)

No comments:
Write comments